Nathan and Gabriel Finochio address the hardest hitting questions about Suicide; Is it a sin and do you go to hell for committing it?
1. Suicide - Gabriel's Position
Gabe presents his position on the Hot Topic of Suicide by discussing the morality of suicide, how it affects popular culture as well as its history. He addresses 4 common reactions to the rising problem of suicide, goes through examples of it in the Bible while addressing some difficult questions like:
- How does God's judgement work?
- What is God's criterion for judgement?
- Does God's word condemn suicide?
- Should we excuse the act of suicide as a sin?
2. Suicide - Nathan's Position
In this lesson Nathan introduces his position on suicide and asks three important questions to begin the discussion. He frames in Protestant and Catholic views as well as a commonly mis-contextualized verse. Nathan summarizes and concludes his position by addressing some difficult questions:
- Is murder a sin?
- Is suicide murder?
- Are there exceptions to the root causes of suicide?
- How do you define the “loss of one’s spiritual life”?
- Goes God send people who commit suicide to hell?